I encourage you all to call your state legislator in opposition of AB458 and SB324, the Planned Parenthood Sex Education Bill. Here is a link about the public hearing that took place today on this matter: AB458 & SB324 Public Hearing.
The first question we all need to ask ourselves is: Why is Planned Parenthood getting taxpayer money at all? While abortion may be legal based on the decision in Roe vs. Wade, it is still very controversial. Notwithstanding where the right to an abortion is listed in the Constitution and its Amendments, recent polling indicates an almost even split of people being PRO-LIFE vs. PRO-CHOICE. Here is the link: More Americans “Pro-Life” than “Pro-Choice”. So why should half of the public support with their tax dollars beliefs they are opposed to?
An even more fundamental question is why the government is giving away so many grants (our tax dollars) in the first place? A case can be made to fund some scientific research, but that is where the line should be drawn. However that is a debate for another day.
There is the argument that the taxpayer dollars Planned Parenthood receives does not go to fund abortion. The money may not fund abortion directly, but it does so indirectly. For every taxpayer dollar Planned Parenthood receives for one of their “programs” , their own dollar is free to be spent on something that IS directly funding abortion in some form.
Finally, this is another “big government one-size fits all” approach that would be best handled at the local level. Local parents and school boards should make this decision, not state government. Local people know what is best for their children and communities. This is another example of the government trying to usurp the rights and responsibilities of parents and local school boards.
Below is information taken from Wisconsin Capitol Watch about the bill:
Planned Parenthood of Wisconsin currently receives $11+ MILLION of YOUR tax dollars each year.
CURRENT Tax Dollars for Planned Parenthood
Title V – $744,617 plus contracts with counties
Tile X: $3.5 Million
-Badger Care $1.4 Million
-Family Planning Waiver $5.5 Million
Total PP Tax Dollars: $11.1 Million
AB 458 essentially constitutes a tax-payer funded bailout of Wisconsin’s abortion industry, of which Planned Parenthood controls 75% of the abortion facilities.
Key Concerns With Planned Parenthood’s School-Based Sex Ed/Clinics Bill:
- AB 458 will promote homosexuality to captive teen audiences.
- AB 458 will place a stamp of approval on teen promiscuity and place abstinence supporters in a less than favorable position in the classroom.
- This bill allows Planned Parenthood to define key terms such as “Medically Accurate information,” “violent relationships,” and “age appropriate” in our state statutes is a very dangerous practice – for teens and taxpayers. – Are parents who instruct their children against being sexually active creating a “violent relationship” under our politically correct legal and social services system?
- AB 458 undermines local control. – Parents and locally-elected school board members know how best to serve the needs of their community without Planned Parenthood’s influence.
- AB 458 also puts sex health volunteers under the volunteer health provider category, which exempts them from liability.
- Parents will only be given limited access to instructional materials under AB 458. – Parents should never sit back and allow their authority to be undermined by groups like Planned Parenthood.
- Specially note the section mandating the Department of Public Instruction to apply for federal birth control money. Is this the prelude to establishing taxpayer-funded sex clinics in Wisconsin’s schools?
- Planned Parenthood is fully supporting this bill that would apply to Kindergarten through 12th Grade.
- The two main authors of the bill were endorsed by Planned Parenthood.
- The more sexually active youth there are in this state, means increased revenue for groups like PP.
- Why are we promoting illegal activity with taxpayer dollars???? – Wis. Statute 948.02(2) states that it is a Class C Felony for anyone to have sexual contact or engage in sexual intercourse with a person less than 16 years of age. The penalty for this offense is “a fine of up to $100,000 or imprisonment up to 40 years or both.” http://www.legis.state.wi.us/rsb/stats.html
- With only 17-20% of all medical doctors in the entire US maintaining membership in the American Medical Association because of the recent hijacking of the organization by the Radical Left, the AMA can now hardly be considered a mainline medical organization. (If you are aware of the AMA’s recent Opinion 385 attacking the conscience rights of pro-life medical personnel, please research this immediately.